Monday, October 18, 2010

First Dominican legs, now Sea legs!

Sam and I went sailing yesterday. It was absolutely a blast! Let me show you....

Captain Chuck picked us up at PBH (Portsmouth Beach Hotel- where we used to live) early Sunday morning.

I took a picture of PBH on the boat. It is the white building covered up by palm trees. It was too small for both of us to live there, but it was super close to the beach!

Sam worked on the sails while....

Captain Chuck steered.

I even got to steer for awhile!

We cast two fishing poles and even got a bite on one of them!

After a bit of fumbling with the non-cooperative Mahi-Mahi, we came up successful!

Hope this doesn't gross anyone out... our catch had recently eaten.

Jaleeka and Chuck made us a fabulous lunch! Tartar sauce, fried mahi-mahi, and homemade french fries. It was soooo good! I've had mahi-mahi before, but it pales in comparison to the one I had that day.

The best hosts on water- Jaleeka and Chuck.

Saaaailing takes me away.... (Christoper Cross reference! I kept singing this tune before we left and after we got back.)

Our Caribbean home- Dominica.

The island to our north- Guadeloupe.

The water was a gorgeous shade of blue.

Took this when we were on our way back to the island.




Sunset on the boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment