Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankful and Blessed

I have a lot to be thankful and blessed for this year.

The love of my life- Sam. I have never met anyone as smart, loving, fun, sarcastic, a Star Wars fanatic, loyal, easy going, determined, kind, and thoughtful as much as him. I am the luckiest girl alive! He truly, deeply, and honestly loves me (as I love him). Below is an engagement picture.


My family has always been my biggest supporters. Whether it is in school, love, or life; they are the ones who have been there to listen, give advice, and most importantly love me. The first picture was taken about 20-30 minutes before Sam proposed. Aunt Lucy, my mom, Sam, Aunt Mona, and Uncle Johnny.


Mom, Aunt Lucy, Uncle Peter, and Uncle Johnny in the parking lot of Smitty's (yummy Lockhart bbq).


Here is a blast from the past! I am sitting on my Grandpa's lap. My cousin Monica is standing with Grandma.

Unfortunately, I do not have very many family pictures. Especially new ones. I really need to work on that. Everyone get your smiles on for Christmas!!

My friends are the best! They have been there when I needed them the most. We can laugh, cry, say nothing, do crazy things, and just be ourselves. I am lucky to have very dear long friendships, as well as have new friendships in Dominica. All bring me joy! This picture was taken at my "last suppa" at Harrigans. It was a fabulous night! Neal, Andrea, Sarah, Matty, Keith, Chrystal, Kris in the back. Jayme, me, and Amy in the front.


Some of my work friends on my last day. It was bittersweet. I love them so much, but I had to go. Annette, Aleksandra, me, Mellanie, Jean and Jennifer in front.


These next peeps are awesome. This was taken at the first spouse party. (Tracy, I hope you don't mind I stole your pic!)


Here comes the part that I am especially thankful for- my health. As it gets closer to the two year mark ("cured"), I often times reflect on all that has happened. This year has been full of wonderful tests with no traces of Calcitonin. I am able to do things that I wasn't sure if I would be able to do. Here I am (in Dominica of all places!) still kickin' c's ass. All of the above people have helped me in my journey. You all still do. So, I thank each and everyone of you. One day I hope to strive to be as half as much of a blessing in your life as you are in mine. Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment